Friday, January 25, 2008

Land of the Mummies



Egypt - the land of the mummies..What was more shocking was the barreness of the place and the lack of infrastructure to guard the ONLYstanding Ancient Wonder of the World!
The lackadaisal attitude of the Arabs astounds me. Then again, I can understand of what is more important to them in life. There are approximately 10 million who works in Cairo. 90% stays out of town from Cairo. Some as far as Hurghada (it is a town near the Red Sea). Near to Sharm al Sheikh, that is, famous for scuba diving etc. Basically, a holiday town. People comes into Cairo in throes via buses, trains, car and etc.
Traffic jam is a common thing. I can safely say it is better in Kuala Lumpur...traffic jam in KL can be considered a 'bliss'...Houses are built 'upwards' in Cairo. The lack of land for housing had resulted to the 'upwards' solution. Most of these houses are built on bricks without proper plastering and paint and most, were an eyesore to Cairo's skyline. At the same time, the skyline of Cairo is adorned with 1000 over minarets.
The same minarets calling the faithful to perform their duties towards the Creator.
The experience I had in Egypt opened my eyes. I am blessed to be in Malaysia. You will never know how much you are blessed until you experience and observe the suffering of others being on a personal, professional, environmental or even country level.
Then again, Cairo and Alexandria were wonderful!!! I love to go there again. Insyallah!!!

4 comments:

Fakha said...

mmmmm reminds me of a nashid (in BM)..."apa yang ada, jarang disyukuri, apa yang tiada sering dirisaukan, nikmat yang dikecap, barukan terasa bila hilang...."

anyway, i would love to one day visit egypt, the land once ruled by the notoriuos pharohs... mmm maybe i will go and visit after my Hajj, insyaAllah next year.

BonD said...

i think i pernah tgk this model la kat egypt that day..haha! wow k aida dah sampai kat sane!

•‡-§¥ñZ! MpiRe-‡• said...

Can I claim my ticket's receipt to SEV ayiek or Mr Sharif when I got back from ISKANDARIAH [alexandria] due to Kak Aida offer?
CAN or NOT?
[voters?COMMENT ME NOW!]

•‡-§¥ñZ! MpiRe-‡• said...

yup, land of the pharaoh..please hear my default background music entitled CREEPING DEATH by Metallica. History of KING PHARAOH stated on the lyric. Cute! [I mean the music, not the looks of KING PHARAOH...]